Your child can be taught this summer by professional dancers from New York Metropolitan Opera, the Rockettes and Radio Music Hall in New York, American Ballet Theatre, Verb Ballets, and more.
Lakeshore Ballet Theatre’s school only employs educators whose careers have been intertwined with the legacy of renowned choreographers from all over the world. All of our teachers are professional dancers and currently still touring. Our staff is committed to our vision of bringing back CLASSICAL DANCE THEATRE EDUCATION with a college preparatory curriculum.
We do not utilize suggestive music or movement! We are not a competition studio. We are a school that focuses on classical dance theatre performances.
The path to a student’s dance and theatre future often begins with the summer course of the school of Lakeshore Ballet, where students get the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of the countless professional dancers, choreographers, and artists from top professional ballet companies from all over the United States. Lakeshore Ballet Theatre’s Summer Intensive is the only full college preparatory curriculum program in Ohio that runs for 4 full weeks. A 10-day intensive program is not enough study to give students what they need for growth during the Summer months. Knowing the importance of a 4-week program, we open up auditions every year in April to intermediate and advanced dance and theatre students aged 12 to 19. While the primary focus of summer training remains the classroom, LBT is involved in several performances that provide students with the opportunity to perform notable choreography for audience.
Students will learn to dance as never before with an enhanced sense of musicality, technique, artistry and passion. The school has various spacious studios with it’s own performance stage, a student cafe & kitchen, a lounge, dressing rooms, an art room & more.
During the summer program students will take the following classes:
- Intermediate/Advanced Russian Ballet
- Pre-Point or Pointe
- Variations from George Balanchine’s Ballets such as Swan Lake, Serenade, Agon, Apollo, and more, presenting students with the keys for transforming technique into art
Classical Jazz, Contemporary Dance and Modern Dance: Martha Graham Classical Tap
- Ballroom Dancing – Introduces students to the waltz, tango, and other social dances used in both classic and contemporary ballet
- Injury Prevention – Pilates / Conditioning and Nutrition
- Adagio / Partnering
- Acting for Dance in Theatre and Film
- Music – Each student’s growth toward professionalism in dance theatre is related to his or her own understanding of music. This class cultivates musical sensitivity and understanding. Students will begin to develop musical sensitivity by listening and learning musical terminology and history.
Our program runs Monday through Thursday allowing families to still enjoy their weekend summer getaways. We make our program very affordable to families with various opportunities to apply for financial scholarships. Also great for triple threat theatre students.
Dance and theatre classes run all summer for families that cannot attend the intensive program.
For more information call 440.503.2974